Sunday, December 18, 2011

Holiday Invites

Lately I've been bouncing between pasting and cutting paper and baking and icing cookies. One of my students, Megan, recently told me her Mom needed some invites for a Christmas party. I was excited to do them but it was going to be a challenge since she needed them quickly and I had several papers and groups projects due that week. So I had to be creative and be creative fast! After two trips to Hobby Lobby and two evenings of work, I had 20 beautiful custom Holiday invites. These were so cute, simple and I was so proud of them.



I wish the pictures were a bit clearer, I apologize for that. I layered on top of green textured paper. I put this beautiful white paper that has a great iridescent, shiny effect that reminded me of snow.  I got a little snowflake punch and glued the snowflakes for the martini glass which I glued to actual toothpicks. I also drew the martini glass and cut them by hand. The lettering was printed off my computer. For a nice touch I stamped the envelope with a snowflake.

Debbie and Megan loved them and told me their guests loved them too. It was a great experience to create something quickly that I was happy with in the end.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment