Sunday, August 21, 2011

"Good seasons start with good beginnings." - Sparky Anderson

I've never thought of myself as a writer and certainly not as an artist, but here I am writing to you about how I have recently become an artist. I think everyone has things that they love to do and whether they are good at those things or not they do them, well, because they LOVE to! And two of those things for me are creating beautiful things and sharing them with others.

About two years ago, I got married and aside from being the happiest most beautiful day of my life thus far, I realized one of those "things" that I love is weddings. I enjoyed every bit of planning and creating for my wedding day. Flowers, ribbons, pearls, dresses and pretty paper. It makes me smile just thinking about it. I was especially excited when I discovered the new trends of doing unconventional things at weddings. Wearing orange Converse tennis shoes to your reception, candy bars instead of favors,  and mason jar centerpieces. Not only are Brides looking for creative personal touches they are looking for ways to do them in an affordable way. My own wedding was less than $8,000 which is becoming more and more typical for Brides in this economy.

As my friends and family have been getting married in quick succession, I have found myself giving advice, throwing showers galore and best of all CREATING! Somehow I discovered that creating invitations is simple and I could bring a personal and affordable option to my friends and family. But more on how it all began later.

Which brings me to the reason for this blog! On this journey I've been encouraged by my wonderful friends and family to share my creations. Of course I've been reluctant to do so but now I am ready to share it with you in the hopes that you will love my creations as well.

I can create something especially for you, a personal and affordable touch for your happiest and most beautiful day. And of course, anything you see on here is very easy to create and I'll share with you some of my tips and tricks so that you can discover what I have, the love to Create! This is also a place for me to share with you the things that I find and drool over. So come back often because there's a lot for me to love!

True happiness comes from the joy of deeds well done, the zest of creating things new.
Antonie de Saint-Exupery

No comments:

Post a Comment