Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Flower Power

Let's be real for a sec. Flowers are expensive! Not all of us have a huge budget for our big day. So we can't drape every inch of our day with beautiful, fresh, expertly arranged flowers. Does that mean you can have gorgeous flowers? No Way!!

Here's something I drool over: There is a new trend of using unconventional materials to create beautiful and interesting bouquets. Using everything from ribbon, brooches, fabric and paper, yep you heard me, PAPER! What's so great about these bouquets is that they are easy, fun to make and after your wedding day they are an instant keepsake! Just drop it in the vase on your kitchen table or bookshelf and your friends will be asking, "Hey wasn't that your bouquet?" I first saw the idea in a little online magazine done by MSN.com called GLO. They have some wonderful stuff which you check out in THIS article. Project wedding also has some awesome how to articles on how to do these beautiful bouquets.
I know! Can you believe these are made of PAPER! If you'd like to try this out, HERE is the link to the tutorial.

I am going to try my hand at making one of these beautiful bouquets to show you just how easy it is. You just need a little daring. I hope to post my conquest soon. Until then I hope you will be daring! Be bold and try something you never thought you could do! You may just surprise yourself. I'll have more later on how you can also do your own real flower bouquets and accents for super cheap.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment