Monday, October 31, 2011

For Home and Hearth

Every since I started using Pinterest, I have been continuously inspired to create. There are some fantastically creative people out there. And since there really are no "new" ideas, I've been recreating some of my favorite things on there as gifts.


This one is definitely my favorite. I made it for a friend who is getting married in December. I made some fabulous invitations for her. I'll post those for you later. I wanted to make her a keepsake but also something for her new home. The same scrapbook paper I used for her invitations, I used to make this piece of art! I just added the buttons.


This one I made for my Mom for her birthday. I was pretty impressed with myself on this one. I bought the frame, plain unfinished, the hooks at home depot and painted the letter by hand. I painted the frame grey, let it dry, and then painted it white. The next morning I used sandpaper to scuff it and distress it. I painted the O directly on the scrapbook paper the night before, making sure I didn't s\use too much paint which makes the paper curl.

These gifts were super easy, the frames and scrapbook paper do all the work. I hope you try it out soon!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment