Friday, October 14, 2011

Southern Centerpieces

I told you guys that a few weeks ago my brother got married. My mom had asked for my help with the rehearsal dinner, which I was thrilled to do! She wanted a southern theme which I loved. We didn't need to do much as mom had rented this beautiful mansion in Loganville called the Yancey House, you guys should definitely check it out. http://www.theyanceyhouse.com/ Maria has done a beautiful job restoring this house and has a great eye for decorating. We used the basement and outdoor garden for the party and it was just beautiful. One of my favorite things was the centerpieces we created.


I found the clothe toile napkins by Waverly on Amazon. They were perfect because no sewing was necessary. We used 3 different sizes of Mason jars and filled them with crushed shells. I loved the sand because it reminded me of pearls which is so very southern. A tealight was placed on top of the sand and lit for a great effect. Finally mom put together some beautiful hydrangea arrangements and we placed them in the center of the mason jars. These we so easy and inexpensive! We did 8 centerpieces for less than $75! They were a great touch to the event and it was a lot of fun collaborating with my mom.

I hope this inspires you to create your own lovely event decor.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment