Thursday, September 1, 2011

Saving the date!

Sorry I haven't posted this week, my husband and I are moving and I just started back to school so I'm just a little bit busy.

But I'm excited to share with you my next creation. My brother got engaged this past spring and I wanted to help them announce their engagement, so I created for Casey and my soon to be sister-in-law Leslie, a Save the date card for their fall wedding. But this couldn't be just any Save the Date card, I wanted it to be really unique. I was inspired by the trend of doing photo booth style photos at weddings and for announcements. So I created my own version!

We did a little photo shoot at a garden near my parent's home. Below are more detailed photos. It was a really fun day, I bought a simple chalk board at the craft store and wrote Save, the, date with with their actual wedding date and took different shots with each word.





I loaded the photos on to my computer and used an easy photo editor to make them black and white photos. I then put them in sequence and printed them on matte 5x7 photos paper. The bottom info card was printed on simple white card stock. The back of the card is also white card stock paper and the cute orange polka dots are scrapbook paper. Leslie chose the orange paper because her wedding colors are persimmon orange and cream.

I also loved the envelope for this card. It was a open end envelope sometimes called a coin envelope, the contemporary style of the envelope went great with the fun, playful card.

This card was so easy to make and was a great personal touch for Casey and Leslie as they prepared for their big day. Later I made wedding invitations for them and I can't wait to share those with you soon.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment