Friday, September 16, 2011

Orange Blossom Wedding Invitations

A couple of weeks ago, I shared with ya'll a Save the Date card I did for my soon to be sister-in-law Leslie. I'm soooooo excited to share with you the wedding invitations I did for her and my brother. First off, Leslie put a lot of faith in me. I had never done a wedding invitation before but she loved the examples I gave her and was impressed with how much cheaper it would be for me to make them for her. I'm really grateful for her trust and belief in my talents. I'm also really proud of how the invites turned out.





This invite was made with:
Orange Blossom Scrapbook Paper (from GCD Studios)
Cream Card Stock Paper (Craft Store)
Brown textured Scrapbook Card Stock (Craft Store)
Cream Envelopes (Invitations.com)
I wanted to make a jacket for the invitation so that the Direction and RSVP card were not loose within the envelope. Of course this took a little bit a magic cutting but I was able to take a 12x12 piece of heavy scrapbook paper and make a half fold jacket with a pocket on the left side for the cards. Of course the invitation is the main focus so the other half of the jacket is completely covered by the invitation. I fell in love with the orange blossom paper by GCD Studios and went crazy with it, haha. I made an insert for the envelope so you see it immediatly upon openning the invite, I also cut peices for the closure of the jacket and on the left side of the invite as an accent. It has a great texture and a slightly vintage look, I just couldn't help myself. Plus it went well with Leslie and Casey's outdoor garden wedding theme and her colors Persimmon Orange and Ivory.

Leslie was really pleased with the invitation and I was too! My first attempt at an elegant wedding invite was a success and I hope you enjoy the results as well.

Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. The invitations are so pretty and unique! Love your style! Congrats Heather!

    ReplyDelete